Sunday, November 1, 2009

Tall flower and short flower



Baby C started going to daycare since the tender age of 3 months old. I had to go back to work after 12 wks of maternity leave and made the decision collectively w/ the hubby that daycare was the best way to go given the circumstances. So off she went at 3 months to a brand new facility that had just opened up in our town. On day one, to make the experience less intimidating (perhaps for the Mom, me) and more personable and intimate, I tried to bring a few items from home (stuffed animal, blanket with her scent) in an effort to introduce the foreign environment to her with some sense of familiarity. In addition to that, on all the supplies that I lugged with me (diapers, wipes, forumla), I not only indicated baby C's name w/ a magic marker, I also drew 2 flowers next to baby C's name. One tall, one short; to represent Mommy and baby C are always next to each other even though she's going to learn to be an independent little baby and be in daycare from that point on for about 10 hrs at a stretch, all on her own. Trust me, it was not easy. But these little attempts I made were ways to reassure mostly myself, hubby, & of course baby C that we, together, will get through this new transition period fine. So today, when I was browsing through Sauce's Shop on etsy and saw these darling necklaces with flower engraved on them, I knew I had to share. One day, when baby C is old enough to comprehend, I will be sure to tell her this little story behind the tall flower and the short flower. That's mommy and baby C. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment